We have created some photo tutorials to assist you as you update your website. You can click these photos to enlarge them. If you have any questions while you are making updates, please remember that you can contact us at anytime.
Login to your Control Panel
1. Type yourdomain.com/wp-admin into the website address (URL) bar, replacing yourdomain.com with the name of your website.
2. Enter your login details and click “Login.”
Create or Edit a Page
1. Click “Pages” in the left sidebar.
2. Click “Add New” to make a new page, or click the title of the page you want to edit.
3. Type the title and body of the page in the Add/Edit Page screen. Use your icons the same way you would in a word processing software like Word. You can add photos, documents, and links, and those instructions are below.
4. Some themes have multiple page templates available, and you can select a template (default, full width, etc.)
5. Click “Publish” or “Update” as appropriate.
Create or Edit a Post
1. Click “Posts” in the left sidebar.
2. Click “Add New” to make a new post, or click the title of the post you want to edit.
3. Type the Title and Body of the Post in the Add/Edit Post Screen.
4. Use your icons the same way you would in a word processing software like Word. You can add photos, documents, and links, and those instructions are below.
5. Select the appropriate categories on the right. You can add a new category at any time by clicking the link under the category list and following the directions.
6. Click “Publish” or “Update”.
Add a Photo
1. Click the “Add an Image” icon that is directly above the section of icons/buttons. A Media Control Panel will appear in its own little window.
2. Click “Select Files” and select a file or files from your computer.
3. Click “Open”. You can also use the tabs above to use photos from other websites (“From URL”) or from your “Media Library” of photos you have already uploaded to this website.
4. When the photo has been uploaded, you can give it a title, caption, and description if desired, then click “Insert into Post.”
5. If you uploaded several photos at once, after they are finished uploading, you will see a list of the files. Click “Show” next to a photo to edit that photo and/or insert it into the post. If you make any changes, be sure to click the button “Save All Changes.”
6. After you have uploaded a photo, a Gallery is created for that Page or Post containing the photo(s). You can then insert the entire gallery from the Media Control Panel by clicking “Insert Gallery.” You can also access photos uploaded to this page or post from any other page or post or from the Media Library by clicking “Media Library.”
Add a Link
1. To insert a link into a page or post, highlight the text with which you want to create a link.
2. Click the Add a Link icon.
3. Type the URL (text web address of the link), the Title of the link, and click Insert.
1. To upload documents such as .docs or .pdfs to your website, go to the Media Library from the left sidebar. You can also access this from any page or post by clicking the Media Library icon in the Add/Edit Page or Add/Edit Post screen.
2. Click Add New, then click “Select Files.”
3. Select the file(s) you want to upload from your browser window and click “Open.”
4. You then edit these files the same way you would the photos, as mentioned above. You can insert links to these files in any page or post.